PPU PPM3082 308 168 HPBT MATCH 20/10
Mfg Item Num: PPM3082
Model Number: Match
Unit of measure: BX
Caliber: 308 Win/7.62 NATO
Bullet Type: Hollow Point Boat Tail (HPBT)
Bullet Weight: 168 GR
Muzzle Energy: 2541 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity: 2610 fps
Rounds Per Box: 20
Casing Material: Brass
Seems to group well in my AR-10 build. No problems with functioning, and is clean ammo. This is my second bulk purchase of this ammo.
Shoots well out of my AR10 gas gun. The 168gr load shoots much better out of my bolt gun than the 175gr does.
Purchased three boxes from Vizard’s.
Tested from an Aero Precision AR-10 with Faxon 18” Match barrel.
Conditions at time of test - 100 degrees F, 88% Relative humidity, barometric pressure 30.05”, 300’ elevation, winds were calm to light breeze.
Caldwell ballistic precision chronograph was set at 5yards from the bench with sandbags. Target was Champion Redfield sight in target set at 100yards with 5-shot groups. All 5 shots were fired in under a minute with 5 minutes between groups. Flyers were counted in group size.
Average velocity was 2577fps with a standard deviation of 22fps across 15 shots measured. Max velocity - 2609fps
Min velocity - 2538fps
Best group - ..67MOA
Worst group - 2.07MOA
Average Group - 1.36MOA
Observed drop using holdover reticle (rounded)
100yards - Zero distance
200yards - 1 MOA
300yards - 4 MOA
400yards - 8 MOA
500yards - 12 MOA
600yards - 17-19 MOA
700yards - 22-24 MOA
Performs as well or better as the Federal Premium 168 Sierra Matchkings in most categories for half the price, enabling double the practice.
- We do not accept returns on ammunition. All ammunition sales are final.
- Consumers need to know all local and state laws. If purchasing ammunition or magazines you agree that you are 21 years of age.
- There is a 15% restocking fee for orders you wish to return. It must be in brand new condition and unopened. The return must be approved within 7 days of delivery.
Delivery Date and Manually Reviewed Orders
- Orders placed between Monday and Friday typically ship the same day if placed before 12PM EST. If your order requires manual review the shipping date may be delayed
- Orders that need to be manually verified are flagged by our system. Typically we flag orders for manual verification if the billing and shipping address do not match, we need an ID on file to ship the order, or if the order is from a first time customer for a large amount. We will contact you promptly to verify your order or request an ID. Please feel free to contact us in advance to verify the order. Please submit the Drivers License to us via email: FFL@VIZARDSGUNS.COM. Once you have been verified you will not need to re-verified on your future orders. We thank you for your business and assistance.
|California||Warehouse 2 Only-Must be shipped to an 01 FFL Dealer
No tracer ammunition
No magazines over 10 rounds
|Connecticut||No magazines over 10 rounds - Must have a Pistol Permit and Driver’s License|
|Colorado||No magazines over 15 rounds|
|DC||No magazines over 10 rounds|
|Hawaii||No Ammunition, no magazines over 10 rounds, no Starter Pistols|
|Illinois||Must have an Illinois Firearms Owner Identification Card and Drivers License, no shipments to Chicago|
|Maryland||No magazines over 10 rounds|
|Massachusetts||We ship ammunition from Warehouse 2 & 4: We will ship to your residence. We need your License To Carry and Driver’s License. No magazines over 10 rounds No Starter Pistols|
|New Jersey||No magazines over 10 rounds. We ship ammunition to your residence|
|New York||No magazines over 10 rounds. We ship ammunition to your residence and FFL dealer depending on your zipcode|
|New York City||No magazines over 10 rounds, all ammunition must be shipped to an FFL Dealer|
How To Purchase a Firearm OnlineStep 1:
Please verify the Firearm is legal in your state. You can do this by checking your state’s particular rules or simply ask a local gun dealer. Each state’s rules vary and some states restrict not only who may purchase and possess a handgun, but what particular models are permitted for such possession within that state.
If the firearm is legal in your state then you can make your purchase online.
Once, you have made your purchase contact your local FFL Dealer and have them Fax (603-974-2641) or email their FFL to Sales@VizardsGunsAndAmmo.com. Please have your Customer Order # (which you will find on the top right hand corner of your invoice after you purchased your firearm) and your Name on the FFL.
Once the FFL has been received from your dealer, your firearm will ship within 5 -7 business days.
Once your firearm ships you will receive an email with the tracking information and you can track your package online.
If you need any assistance please contact us at: 603-974-2639 or sales@VizardsGunsAndAmmo.com.
Thank you for your business.