BM5400: 5400 Serum | Benchmade Design
The 5400 Serum knife features the revolutionary AXIS dual-action mechanism. One of the strongest, most versatile automatic mechanisms on the market for nearly 20 years has evolved. The AXIS Dual-Action automatic or manual opening combines the superior ambidextrous function of the manual AXIS with a covert automatic action triggered by pulling the AXIS bar down further. No matter the job, the AXIS dual-action has you covered.
Featuring 154CM stainless steel, this is a proven steel for tactical applications. Its well-balanced characteristics promote performance in the most demanding situations asked of in a tactical folder. 154CM is a martensitic stainless steel with molybdenum content. The molybdenum is what gives 154CM good toughness which is based off a combination of ductility and strength. In addition, 154CM has good hardness and corrosion resistance qualities.
Operating the 5400 Serum:
The Benchmade 5400 Serum™ features the AXIS Dual-Action mechanism which can function either as a AXIS manual or as an AXIS auto. To operate the knife as an automatic, pull the AXIS bar back to the furthest position to actuate the automatic opening function.
The AXIX Dual-Action mechanism has a "dry-fire" safety that initiates when the blade is not fully closed. This features aids in the safe operation of the knife and prevents the automatic function from firing when not intended to be used.
About the "Dry-fire" Safety:
The AXIS Dual-Action mechanism has a secondary safety system built in to eliminate a "dry-fire." A dry-fire is when a torsion or leaf kicker spring is released without adequate resistance. The uncontrolled release of energy is unstable and can cause the spring to fracture. In addition the potential of a catastrophic failure, a dry-fire can greatly reduce the life of the spring and create a dangerous situation for the user with the spring unwinding and colliding into the blade. This situation would result in the knife opening in an unpredictable manner.
The dry-fire mechanism locks the automatic mode out by blocking the lock stud from going back far enough to release the spring bushing.
The dry-fire safety is engaged whenever the blade is not in the closed position. The AXIS® lock bar provides the closed position detent. Pulling back the AXIS bar will release the detent and can allow the blade to open partially if the knife is held horizontally. In this case the dry-fire safety will engage. To actuate auto mode, the blade must remain in the handle until the bushing is released and the spring uncoils.
- AXIS dual-action mechanism
- Modified drop-point blade
- 154CM stainless steel blade (58-60HRC)
- Black machined G10 handle scales with full stainless steel liners
- Reversible tip-up pocket clip
- Blade Length: 3.47" (8.81 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.120" (3.05 mm)
- Open: 8.09" (20.55 cm)
- Closed: 4.70" (11.94 cm)
- Weight: 4.63 oz. (131.26 g)
- Handle Thickness: 0.58" (14.63 mm)
- Made in USA
UPC Code: 610953145569
Both a manual and an automatic, no matter the job, the AXIS Dual Action has you covered.
- Designer: Benchmade
- Mechanism: AXIS Dual-Action
- Action: Automatic-opening
- Blade Steel: 154CM (58-61 HRC)
- Blade Length: 3.47" (8.81cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.120" (3.05mm)
- Open Length: 8.09" (20.55cm)
- Closed Length: 4.70" (11.94cm)
- Handle Thickness: 0.58" (14.73mm)
- Weight: 4.63oz. (131.26g)
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Finish/Color: Satin
- Blade Style/Shape: Drop-point
- Clip Type: Standard
- Clip Position: Reversible Tip-Up
- Glass Breaker: No
- Handle Material: G10
- Lanyard Hole: No
- MOLLE Compatible: No
- Sheath Type: No Sheath
- Use: Every Day, Tactical
- We do not accept returns. All sales are final.
- Consumers need to know all local and state laws. If purchasing a firearm, ammunition, or magazines you agree that you are 21 years of age.
Delivery Date and Manually Reviewed Orders
- Orders placed between Monday and Friday typically ship the same day if placed before 12PM EST. If your order requires manual review the shipping date may be delayed
- Orders that need to be manually verified are flagged by our system. Typically we flag orders for manual verification if the billing and shipping address do not match, we need an ID on file to ship the order, or if the order is from a first time customer for a large amount. We will contact you promptly to verify your order or request an ID. Please feel free to contact us in advance to verify the order. Please submit the Drivers License to us via email: FFL@VIZARDSGUNS.COM. Once you have been verified you will not need to re-verified on your future orders. We thank you for your business and assistance.
|California||Warehouse 2 Only-Must be shipped to an 01 FFL Dealer
No tracer ammunition
No magazines over 10 rounds
|Connecticut||No magazines over 10 rounds - Must have a Pistol Permit and Driver’s License|
|Colorado||No magazines over 15 rounds|
|DC||No magazines over 10 rounds|
|Hawaii||No Ammunition, no magazines over 10 rounds, no Starter Pistols|
|Illinois||Must have an Illinois Firearms Owner Identification Card and Drivers License, no shipments to Chicago|
|Maryland||No magazines over 10 rounds|
|Massachusetts||We ship ammunition from Warehouse 2 & 4: We will ship to your residence. We need your License To Carry and Driver’s License. No magazines over 10 rounds No Starter Pistols|
|New Jersey||No magazines over 10 rounds. We ship ammunition to your residence|
|New York||No magazines over 10 rounds, all ammunition must be shipped to an FFL Dealer|
|New York City||No magazines over 10 rounds, all ammunition must be shipped to an FFL Dealer|
How To Purchase a Firearm OnlineStep 1:
Please verify the Firearm is legal in your state. You can do this by checking your state’s particular rules or simply ask a local gun dealer. Each state’s rules vary and some states restrict not only who may purchase and possess a handgun, but what particular models are permitted for such possession within that state.
If the firearm is legal in your state then you can make your purchase online.
Once, you have made your purchase contact your local FFL Dealer and have them Fax (603-974-2641) or email their FFL to Sales@VizardsGunsAndAmmo.com. Please have your Customer Order # (which you will find on the top right hand corner of your invoice after you purchased your firearm) and your Name on the FFL.
Once the FFL has been received from your dealer, your firearm will ship within 5 -7 business days.
Once your firearm ships you will receive an email with the tracking information and you can track your package online.
If you need any assistance please contact us at: 603-974-2639 or sales@VizardsGunsAndAmmo.com.
Thank you for your business.